As long as we only work within the Google Cloud Platform, mostly using Google Apps Script (as a web app or add-on) within the user’s Google account, privacy is for us not just by design but also a premise.
Updated on June. 24, 2020
We don’t store or access your data directly, we rely on Google services to process the information as required by the add-on scripts.
We collect minimal information from you when using our services and scripts.
What information we collect?
- Email address
- Installation date
- Subscription details at Stripe (paid plan or not)
- Google Analytics
Where is that information stored?
- Cloudflare Key Value Store (email address and installation date, paid plan flag)
- Stripe (email address and payemnt details when you choose to pay)
- Google Analytics
How is that information used?
- To check if you are a paying user or not
- To check application usage via Google Analytics
Do we access your data?
No, we don’t have access to your information, data or settings, other than the aforementioned
All your data stays within your Google account under your full control.
Do we share your information?
We do not and will not share your information with any third party.
How we communicate with you?
- We might communicate with you by email from time to time to follow up on errors or script issues, as well as other matters we could consider of your interest in relation with our services/add-ons. When doing that we send you a personal email.
- We also provide occasional in-app announcements, polls and surveys with relevant information.
- And of course, we respond to your feedback tickets and follow up your questions until you are satisfied.
In very special and seldom cases, we respond to requests to and also offer help on troubleshooting specific issues.
In those cases we might have access to your data, provided you share your Google document with us, after agreeing on the following premises and terms:
- There is no sensitive, private or personally identifiable information in your data
- All your data will remain within your document
- You must remove the sharing access when the support session is completed
We may change these terms from time to time at our sole discretion. Your continued use of our solutions after any change in these terms will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
Please, contact us for any questions or concerns you might have about our privacy and terms.